Sunday, September 4, 2011

Where in the World is Kutlwano now?

Answer: Istanbul!
It's time for another little trip, so it's off to Turkey that I go. While I would have loved to go to India, J. vetoed it as too potentially hazardous and if there is anything he requires, it's peace of mind. So Turkey it is, for five weeks. I expect the food will be delicious and the ruins will be impressive. Possibly, there will be lovely beaches and maybe even a Greek island or two to visit.

As an added bonus, my friend Jenny is spending the first bit of her honeymoon in Istanbul due to Hurricane Irene related itinerary changes and I will get to see her for the first time, as a married woman! (She and her husband eloped). Jenny was my roommate my senior year of high school and we've stayed in close touch. I'm amazed that we've managed to see each other at least once a year since then, although we have always lived in different cities and sometimes different countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment