Sunday, September 4, 2011

Opening Day at the US Open


On my last day in New York before embarking on another trip, I visited the opening day of the US Open with my friend Amy. As always, there were courtside cocktails, shopping at the Ralph Lauren store and the best tennis in town. We watched both Mardy Fish and Maria Sharapova--a young giantess--dispatch their opponents.


It was a beautiful day at the US Open, with nary a sign that Hurricane / Tropical Storm Irene had just passed through the day before. While my brother Chris, a real tennis fan, was supposed to accompany me, he didn't make it home from a wedding in Chicago due to Irene-related delays. Too bad for him but lucky for me: I got to hang out with my friend Amy instead, on what happened to be her birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun day!!! so glad we went together and i'm thrilled to be mentioned on the blog :) thats a great pic of us!

    ReplyDelete