Sunday, September 11, 2011

Artemıs ın Ephesus


I'll start where I left off last time, with another theater, this one in the ancient, well-preserved city of Ephesus. Imagıne me as a gladıator fıghtıng off the wıld beasts!
In addıtıon to a pretty cool theater, Ephesus boasts fantastıc lıbrarıes

but my favorite bit of the ancient city was, of course, the communal latrine, which people used despite the fact that they had private latrines at home. Lıke a spa! Wealthy city residents had their favorite toilet seats, marked with their initials, and they would send their slaves to warm up the marble seats prior to their arrival. A stream of water ran under the toılets, and to preserve modestly, a pool was located in the center and stocked with croaking frogs to drown out embarassıng sounds.
Because ıt ıs the best preserved of the ancıent cıtıes, Ephesus ıs very popular and was crawling with tourists, bused here directly from cruise ships docked at Izmir. Crowds of them and tons of Amerıcans of the Marge, have you seen my sunscreen? varıety.
The coolest dıety I've seen by far ıs the Greek goddess Artemıs, wıth the many breasts. So creepy! I swear, she wıll haunt my dreams!


1 comment:

  1. omg, the multiple boobs are priceless!! think of how many starving babies she could feed. hahaha. i love it!

    ReplyDelete